Doing what it takes to deliver the best early learning experiences and family support so every child succeeds in school and in life.
At Columbus Early Learning Centers (CELC), we have been providing high-quality early learning and care to our city’s children for over 130 years. Our tradition of affordable access to high-quality early childhood education has strengthened the lives of thousands of children and families and the communities in which they live. CELC uses a play-based curriculum and positive discipline in our classrooms to meet the needs of children at our four locations. Our student to teacher ratios exceed state requirements, allowing our teachers to provide more attentive care and individualized instruction to prepare every child for kindergarten. All of our locations are rated at 3 or more stars by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Step-Up to Quality Star Rating System. CELC is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Accessible to local families through affordable tuition
- Accessible to children at risk for later school challenges
- Respectful environment where children, families, and staff work towards success
- Nurturing atmosphere where children and their families are physically and emotionally safe and secure
- Committed to diversity in people and ideas
- Research-based curriculum emphasizing meaningful play, exploration and discovery
- Continuous professional development of qualified staff
- Reflective thinking, creative problem-solving and innovation
- Community collaboration
- Responsible, efficient financial and business practices
- Relentless advocacy for children, families, staff and early childhood education