Doing what it takes to deliver the best early learning experiences and family support so every child succeeds in school and in life."
At Columbus Early Learning Centers (CELC), we have been providing high-quality early learning and care to our city’s children for 130 years. As a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, our tradition of affordable access to high-quality early childhood education has strengthened the lives of thousands of children and families and the communities in which they live. To accomplish these goals today, CELC implements Conscious Disciple and the Creative Curriculum in our classrooms to assist our highly qualified teachers in meeting the needs of children at our four locations. Our classrooms are also staffed at an average of 3 students to 1 teacher ratio, allowing our teachers to truly individualize early learning and care to ensure that every child is ready for kindergarten upon graduation. All of our four locations are rated at 3 or more stars by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Step-Up to Quality Star Rating System.
- Accessible to local families through affordable tuition
- Accessible to children at risk for later school challenges
- Respectful environment where children, families, and staff work towards success
- Nurturing atmosphere where children and their families are physically and emotionally safe and secure
- Committed to diversity in people and ideas
- Research-based curriculum emphasizing meaningful play, exploration and discovery
- Continuous professional development of qualified staff
- Reflective thinking, creative problem-solving and innovation
- Community collaboration
- Responsible, efficient financial and business practices
- Relentless advocacy for children, families, staff and early childhood education