ParentChild+ is a nationally replicated early-literacy, parenting and school readiness program. The program is designed to build school readiness where it starts: the home. ParentChild+ uses education to break the cycle of poverty for low-income families. We engage early in life and help toddlers, their parents, and their family child care providers access a path to possibility. What we provide isn’t just early literacy, it is early opportunity. For families living in underserved communities, we are a first step on the ladder to success. Their personal booster club.
As simple as they are effective.
An early learning specialist arrives at a toddler’s home with books and educational toys. They are welcomed inside where they sit with the child and parent and engage in a joyous educational encounter together. The parent and child begin to share a love of learning that will last a lifetime and change their lives.
Family Child Care Model
Our innovative Family Child Care Model builds on the success of our Core Model to reach even more children. Our early learning specialists work with home-based child care providers. Our program works because it takes place in the child care provider’s home, during their work day.
For more information on this national, evidence-based program, please visit parentchildplus.org
Page content was sourced through materials provided by ParentChild+.
Become a ParentChild+ Family
If you are a parent of a 1 to 2 year-old child and live in Columbus, you may be eligible for a special program that helps prepare your child later for school success! The ParenChild+ program provides a home visitor who visits twice-a-week over a two-year period. Families receive a free book or toy every week.
- FREE educational books and toys for your child
- Strong relationships with the home-visiting staff
- Get connected to a wide range of community resources including: food, housing, health, and educational services.
- Staff work with families to ensure that children are enrolled in high-quality center-based preschool upon completion of the program
- Become apart of the Columbus Early Learning Centers family and enjoy the benefits of all other CELC parents including monthly family fun nights, toy assistance, housing support, and more